Monday, January 26, 2009

TAXES, FAFSA MY MIND IS SWIMMING

Okay so today I received my tax information from my employer. So I thought i would sit down and work on our taxes so I can begin filling out the FAFSA forms. I have been sitting here since 4:30 working on these and I am still not finished. I am only half way down with the FAFSA. This is the first year that I am having to feel this form out and everyone keeps asking me have you down have you gotten it in yet. I am trying people it gives me a headache every time I look at it. It ask for so much information and then more information and then again more. I feel like I have entered the information over and over again. Then to think everything rides on this one form. My daughter Stacey is choosing to go to liberal arts college which we are finding are very expensive. We want her to receive everything possible during her college years and we believe the liberal arts schools have so much more to offer. Unfortunately we as a family have been unable to save for college for her. We have stressed good grades gotta make the grades. She has worked very hard to do this. She has volunteered, she plays sports, she holds leadership positions in the community, she works during the summer and now everything comes down to the FAFSA form. How much need do we need? She has received scholarship for everything she has accomplished in high school however there is still need to make up the rest. She really doesn't want to end her 4 year college career with a huge amount of debt hanging over her head. So now we wait on FAFSA form and how much need they say we need.

So to all out there with small children start saving now. If it is only 5.00 to 10.00 a week put it away. Save it. That way you won't need to rely on the FAFSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment